"" Running Rabbit: Roger Kimbal Discusses The Merits and Foibles of a Reality Czar
DEDICATED TO THE PROPOSITION THAT A BLOG CAN EXIST WITHOUT TRAFFIC, AND PROOF THAT SUCH CONCEPT IS WORKABLE, IS IN THE WORKS HERE, AND SHALL CONTINUE ON IN OBSCURITY FOR PERPETUITY.

Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Roger Kimbal Discusses The Merits and Foibles of a Reality Czar

 To the sane people I know the idea causes a sense of relief until they think about it the wrong hands. Then they become stressed. Because, who among us is at once wise enough and impartial enough to act as the arbiter of truth from fiction? I am sure you think about yourself in this moment, can you honestly say to yourself in those quiet moments that you have the qualifications. Of course, we all, each of us, rely upon our own judgement ultimately. But, are we always fair? Could the presence of an attractive person influence a decision, could a benefit sway a choice? Before I get too far afield, let me introduce Mr. Kimbal's take.

Not for the first time, I found myself wondering why it was that a certain species of progressive regarded books such as “1984” and “Brave New World” as how-to manuals.

Inspired by the NYT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I look forward to reading them. Please visit Running Rabbit Roundup again soon.