"" Running Rabbit: The Myth of the Monolith- The Disparate Tea Party
DEDICATED TO THE PROPOSITION THAT A BLOG CAN EXIST WITHOUT TRAFFIC, AND PROOF THAT SUCH CONCEPT IS WORKABLE, IS IN THE WORKS HERE, AND SHALL CONTINUE ON IN OBSCURITY FOR PERPETUITY.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Myth of the Monolith- The Disparate Tea Party


Life is a box of chocolates. And the Tea Party members are alive; thus you make a mistake if you lump them all together and expect to get the same experience when you taste them individually.

Tea Party groups at odds, with one another.

I have long been skeptical of joining any group, there is always someone who makes the rest look bad. Like that candy that doesn't suit your palate, you take a bite and don't swallow; and you don't put the uneaten portion back in the box either.

I attended the local Tea Party gathering a few weeks back, and I did not see anything that I didn't like (unless you count the woman who walked around with her parrot trying to draw attention more to herself than to an issue she wanted addressed; ego is everywhere). Mostly, the people who stood holding their signs, and those who passed and honked their car horns in sympathy were there because they seek a better nation and want our government to get out of the way of lives.

I will continue to be skeptical of all groups, but I will give each man/woman a fair chance to impress me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I look forward to reading them. Please visit Running Rabbit Roundup again soon.