"" Running Rabbit: Are You The Press?: Revisited
DEDICATED TO THE PROPOSITION THAT A BLOG CAN EXIST WITHOUT TRAFFIC, AND PROOF THAT SUCH CONCEPT IS WORKABLE, IS IN THE WORKS HERE, AND SHALL CONTINUE ON IN OBSCURITY FOR PERPETUITY.

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Are You The Press?: Revisited

I asked this question on another blog many years ago; good to see that others are taking up the question.

Latest examples are links appearing at Instapundit.

What Ferris Bueller can teach up about who counts as "the media"

Ferris Bueller's day in the Texas Supreme Court

My earlier post on the matter has disintegrated within the archive to a headline (used here) and one partial sentence; so any revelatory points I made back then are lost to wherever lost bits go. However, I doubt this is a great loss as in reading much of my previous work it now often seems passe. I will add that I am troubled that it requires so much legal wrangling, done by people who have been deemed worthy to do legal wrangling, to decide in court if we are entitled to the decide for ourselves that we are behaving as a part of the media and are thus permitted the freedoms guaranteed to the Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I look forward to reading them. Please visit Running Rabbit Roundup again soon.