"" Running Rabbit: Use It Or Lose IT
DEDICATED TO THE PROPOSITION THAT A BLOG CAN EXIST WITHOUT TRAFFIC, AND PROOF THAT SUCH CONCEPT IS WORKABLE, IS IN THE WORKS HERE, AND SHALL CONTINUE ON IN OBSCURITY FOR PERPETUITY.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Use It Or Lose IT


That is the advise I recently received from a doctor. I was concerned about a growing inability to recall, he gave me a quick test to determine if I had any reason for concern, concluded that I had no reason to worry and advised me to take up Soduku to sharpen my mind adding the admonish ion, "use it or lose".

Soduku, crossword puzzles, and I suppose trivia games all work as exercise for the brain. I vowed to pick up some of my old mathematics books to get fit. Let me say that differently, as one could conclude that I was using the books as some sort of weight lifting regimen like a muscle-head. The Bicep is connected to the cerebellum , not. What I mean is that for me it would be more rewarding to do math problems than it would be to solve puzzles. Not that I am knocking puzzles, I am determined to learn how to operate my decades old Rubik cube, I have a tutorial for that purpose and it is high on my list, (can you spell procrastination) puzzles are great, but sharpening my math skills has use in the real world.

I witnessed another activity this week that will keep those synapses firing; comedy improv. My old friend Steve is a player in the group, and invited me to their Thursday night show. For the players it must be a mental rush, as a witness my mind was tested in both keeping up with their quips and in working to imagine how I would respond. Great fun. I highly recommend this activity, I'll go back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I look forward to reading them. Please visit Running Rabbit Roundup again soon.