"" Running Rabbit: Email To Sarah Palin
DEDICATED TO THE PROPOSITION THAT A BLOG CAN EXIST WITHOUT TRAFFIC, AND PROOF THAT SUCH CONCEPT IS WORKABLE, IS IN THE WORKS HERE, AND SHALL CONTINUE ON IN OBSCURITY FOR PERPETUITY.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Email To Sarah Palin

Gov. Palin,

First, let me congratulate you on the success of your book. I posted your Facebook book tour announcement to my Facebook page, and I am hoping that Naples, Florida makes the list of tour stops.

Now, to the matter that sparked me to write today.

My sister is one of those knee-jerk political types that see everything the old way; left vs right, conservative vs liberal, Blue vs Red and was thus compelled to post something anti-Palin in response to my call for you to stop in Naples. Her post is as follows:

Jodie's take-

"I see Going Rogue is already discounted from $28.99 to $4.50 and that comic book hasn't even been released yet."


She then adds a quote from the Huffington Post:


Fox News Fact-Checks Sarah Palin's Coin Conspiracy Theory (VIDEO)
Source: www.huffingtonpost.com

This must sting a bit. Sarah Palin's newest conspiracy theory on the "disturbing" redesign of U.S. coins was too much, even for Fox News -- on Tuesday night, Fox fact-checked Palin.


Now, as you can see that is the same tired and untested bs we often see in politics these days. I wrote her a comment, of which I am quite proud, wherein I dissect the matter and offer a reasonable explanation of the events.

I said:

"Fox News is very fair that way, they've reported criticism of President Bush many times before. And, as in this case, their reporters don't editorialize, they present the facts, including any knee-jerk assumptions, and then leave it for the viewer to decide. In this case the Congress came to the conclusion that Palin did, moving IN GOD WE TRUST off the face of the coin was a mistake and it is now back where it belongs. Politico is obviously stuck in the old politics where everything is Red vs Blue, and they knee-jerk reacted assuming something Ms Palin did not say, egg on their faces now, eh?

It does seem unusual for a book still on the Best Seller lists to sell at a discount, (you can get a free copy with the purchase of a Newsmax magazine subscription too), she must not be in it only for the money."


I wanted to share my perspective with you in the modest hopes that there may be something in what I've concluded which will help you deflect the knee-jerk criticism I expect your detractors to undertake en mass in their attempt to live out their purpose in life, i.e. destroying that which they can not understand.

With great respect, and with great hope for the future, sincerely yours,

Rick Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I look forward to reading them. Please visit Running Rabbit Roundup again soon.