"" Running Rabbit: Editor's Note
DEDICATED TO THE PROPOSITION THAT A BLOG CAN EXIST WITHOUT TRAFFIC, AND PROOF THAT SUCH CONCEPT IS WORKABLE, IS IN THE WORKS HERE, AND SHALL CONTINUE ON IN OBSCURITY FOR PERPETUITY.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Editor's Note

I find my previous post to be much too long for presentation here; and I am currently attempting to learn enough CSS and Java Script so that I can competently locate where to enter the code to produce a "Read More" function for all long posts. The result will be shorter posts with the ability to expand the post if it appeals to you, the reader. Patience please.

Update- I also intend to code this site for all links to open in a new window, thereby you will not be directed away from here when you click on a link.
Update- The "open in new window" feature is complete, and an easy fix it turns out. Found it at The Real Blogger Status. 2nd Update: It is possible to ascribe this feature to your posts with the new post editor and it is not necessary change the HTML as I did.

So, it was easy once I updated to the new post editor. In the past it was necessary to edit the template's HTML in order create the Read More function. Now, it is a click away. The fix I attempted to learn to insert in the code would put a break into any post over a specified length, the Blogger version requires me to select a point in the text where I wish the break to happen. So, in some ways it is not as good a fix, (I have to remember to make a jump break), but this way gives the flesibility to put it where I want so I can be certain that a sentence or thought is finished before the break. Or, if I deem it useful to drive interest I can put it right in the middle of an intriguing ....

Update:
I inadvertently put two jumps in this post, and will need to learn how to eliminate the extra one. Also, I changed the text from the standard "Read more" to my own  homage to Lewis Carroll.

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.
"I don’t much care where--" said Alice.
"Then it doesn’t matter which way you go," said the Cat.
"--so long as I get SOMEWHERE," Alice added as an explanation.
"Oh, you’re sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough."
(Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Chapter 6) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I look forward to reading them. Please visit Running Rabbit Roundup again soon.