"" Running Rabbit: Cindy ShameHam
DEDICATED TO THE PROPOSITION THAT A BLOG CAN EXIST WITHOUT TRAFFIC, AND PROOF THAT SUCH CONCEPT IS WORKABLE, IS IN THE WORKS HERE, AND SHALL CONTINUE ON IN OBSCURITY FOR PERPETUITY.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cindy ShameHam

Once upon a time a soldier died with honor, and ever since that day his Mother has worked to turn her grief into insanity. Job well done Cindy.

A long time ago, I was the Engineering Officer for an Infantry Battalion stationed in [what was then] West Germany. I did a lot of instructing and range training in the use and setting up of explosives, both for my own Engineer platoon and for the Infantry Battalion. That’s how I got my nickname.

Although I have never done it myself, I have been trained in the wiring of buildings for demolition and have seen it done. It takes careful planning and a lot of time to execute – usually months, depending on the size of the job. All the wires, and especially the Detonation Cord (Detcord for short), needs to be visible so that it can be traced, as crossed lines of Detcord can ruin the shot – either by cutting wires or by setting off other Detcord lines prematurely.

In the movie, Batman, with Heath Ledger as the Joker, his character set an active hospital up for total demolition within hours, and nobody noticed. No wires hanging free. No holes ripped in walls. The only sign of violence was my wife poking me in the ribs as I grumbled and growled at the farce I was watching. “It’s only a movie”, she urgently whispered. “Everybody knows it isn’t real.”

Well, I understand something like 30% of Americans think 9/11 was an inside job. I believe they are called “Truthers”. Apparently they get their training from Hollywood movies. An industry that specializes in telling lies convincingly.

Comment by Detcord —

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I look forward to reading them. Please visit Running Rabbit Roundup again soon.