"" Running Rabbit: Third Stone
DEDICATED TO THE PROPOSITION THAT A BLOG CAN EXIST WITHOUT TRAFFIC, AND PROOF THAT SUCH CONCEPT IS WORKABLE, IS IN THE WORKS HERE, AND SHALL CONTINUE ON IN OBSCURITY FOR PERPETUITY.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Third Stone

I just received an email from my old friend Paul Moss. Paul, and his brother Steve were my classmates in junior and senior high. Steve died soon after graduation, a car crash, and is still missed. Paul went on to have a family, and now, along with his wife, Marcia, has a horse rescue in Kentucky.

Paul also was a drummer, and when I was last living in Louisville he was playing country gigs one night a week. Before that Paul and Steve, along with some other friends, had a rock band called Third Stone. I don't remember knowing about this group, but, then, I wasn't exactly the hippest kid around.

Paul email included a link to the MySpace page for Third Stone. The header for the email read, "A trip down memory lane...", and body read only, "The link explains all...". So, I had no idea what I was being directed toward until I clicked the link. What I found warmed my heart and made my day.

I'd forgotten how much Steve looked like Paul. But I have never forgotten what a great spirit he had; bright, outgoing, energetic, and a good friend too. Just like his brother Paul.

What a treasure I received today, what a trip to go back to those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I look forward to reading them. Please visit Running Rabbit Roundup again soon.