"" Running Rabbit: Resolving The Border Crossing Nightmare- An Ordered List Of Steps
DEDICATED TO THE PROPOSITION THAT A BLOG CAN EXIST WITHOUT TRAFFIC, AND PROOF THAT SUCH CONCEPT IS WORKABLE, IS IN THE WORKS HERE, AND SHALL CONTINUE ON IN OBSCURITY FOR PERPETUITY.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Resolving The Border Crossing Nightmare- An Ordered List Of Steps

Someone needs to set down the things which must happen to end the chronic invasion across the United States-Mexican border. I shall make an attempt to construct that list adding my reasons for why each step is both necessary and why it must be done in the order I lay out. Further, I will suggest the methods to be employed to accomplish each step.

I find opponents of ending illegal entry to usually be unreasonable people, so I will effort to present my case in a reasoned manner, not to persuade those invested in continuing the illegal transit, rather, to represent myself so that other reasonable people will recognize my effort as a serious attempt to resolve a matter which has plagued the US and Mexico for over one hundred and fifty years. Correcting the situation will not be universally lauded, and no one should expect everyone to agree, it will be necessary to do the right thing in the face of heated opposition. I believe our cooler heads, coupled with a fair and steadfast approach will prevail; and that all fair-minded people will come to see the wisdom in our proposals and, later, our actions

I will present this proposal in installments, revising as I see fit, so the delivery of the proffered resolution will take some time. And, while I have promised an ordered approach, in some cases prior steps will not be completed before subsequent steps begin. In fact, some, if not all, subsequent steps will serve to accommodate the completion of prior steps. Sealing the border, for instance, will made easier by steps which make entry and residing in our country less desirable for illegals; the fewer people attempting to cross, the fewer resources it takes to control the border.

STEP ONE

Seal the border. And by "seal" I mean, end the illegal crossings by protecting against them. This does not include closing official border crossing sites, commerce and legal entry/exit must be maintained, so keeping the sites with Custom officials on duty open is a must.

Why seal first?- The stated problem is illegal entry, so the ultimate solution is to not have the border violated. By definition, a sealed border is one which is not violated, no violations means no illegal entries. To know if there are illegal entries occurring means monitoring and controlling the border, i.e. sealing it against permitted crossing. So, we first state that this is our purpose and our goal, and we show a serious effort to achieve this end from the beginning!

More to come..........

6-6-10: Here is an example of why it is important to do something at the time it comes to mind; my insight into this matter is diminished by attention to other things. Next time, I pledge, next time I have the inspiration i will write down a list with the intent to use it as an outline.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I look forward to reading them. Please visit Running Rabbit Roundup again soon.