"" Running Rabbit: Talent Returned
DEDICATED TO THE PROPOSITION THAT A BLOG CAN EXIST WITHOUT TRAFFIC, AND PROOF THAT SUCH CONCEPT IS WORKABLE, IS IN THE WORKS HERE, AND SHALL CONTINUE ON IN OBSCURITY FOR PERPETUITY.

Thursday, February 18, 2021

Talent Returned

 Yesterday. One piece of news dominated the day. It wasn't reported until just after noon. It was talked about for the rest of the day and is still being discussed.

People from all walks of life commented on it. It was that important. 

Perhaps it will not become one of those times when we can say where we were when we heard. For me those times have been JFK's death, the Challenger explosion, 9/11, Neil Armstrong stepping upon the moon.... This event will be remembered too. My ability to remember is strong enough that I'll be able to tell people where I was. But, unlike most of those events I listed above, this was expected, though the when was unknown.

After more than a few hours of listening to people talk about it, it's impact, the loss suffered, the benefits which live on, (among others those points would be negatives, such are others), I was finally ready to do what I had done so many times before. I was ready to hear from a voice which had reliably provided insight and perspective most missed. Going all the way back to the George H W Bush v Bill Clinton Presidential election I had been able to hear a unique take on the matter(s) of the day, and on matters which transcend each day. I never blindly took the message to heart. As I did yesterday, I informed myself, either before or after hearing from the source. The source was known for being almost always right, nearly 100% of the time. But, I doubled checked him nonetheless. It is a habit I suggest we all endorse.

It was strange when the moment came. The moment when I thought that I'd heard enough from others and was ready to hear what the Maha Rushie had to say. The strange part was that I at once knew that his passing prevented him from commenting, while simultaneously recognizing that he had told us well before what he would have us know. He would be there speaking with us if he could.

Rush Limbaugh died on February 17, 2021, his death announced to the world by his wife, his then/now widow, as the opening to his daily radio show. {Kathryn}


PS- Just one piece about him, from his friend Mark Steyn.


The Indispensible Man 1951-2021

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I look forward to reading them. Please visit Running Rabbit Roundup again soon.