"" Running Rabbit: Let There Be Trees
DEDICATED TO THE PROPOSITION THAT A BLOG CAN EXIST WITHOUT TRAFFIC, AND PROOF THAT SUCH CONCEPT IS WORKABLE, IS IN THE WORKS HERE, AND SHALL CONTINUE ON IN OBSCURITY FOR PERPETUITY.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Let There Be Trees

It is my opinion that anything to do with loving nature is today overrun by the kook fringe. But, I am kooky about trees, and make no apology for the pleasure I get from walking within a forest of really big trees.

Though I do hope no one mistakes me for one of the unreasonable masses of lemmings for ecology that have mushroomed upon us since the last half of the twentieth century.

All of this came to mind when I checked on the reaction to a comment I left at the Courier-Journal article about Louisville, Kentucky's loss of big trees. I had to laugh when I saw the score it received; +11. I am certain that is my best mark ever.

Arbor Day, that quaint and often forgotten holiday should be given more importance that the holidays for supposedly heroic social figures. We should go to work on MLK Day and stay home working in the yard on Arbor Day.


My own yard is looking better than ever. In some communities it may require a civic effort, but most of the good work can be done one yard at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I look forward to reading them. Please visit Running Rabbit Roundup again soon.